Applications are now open for Indigenous women singer/songwriters to join in BUSH BANDS BUSINESS 4th – 7th Sept and perform at BUSH BANDS BASH on 8th Sept, 2019. There will be places for THREE Divas at this year’s Bush Bands Program. Entries close 5pm Tuesday 11th June.
Divas is MusicNT’s program for aspiring and emerging Indigenous women singers and songwriters. It’s for women and girls who are writing and who are performing - or want to perform - their own original music. The Divas program provides opportunities to pick up more skills and experience through workshops with industry professionals and performance opportunities.
Bush Bands Business is a 3 day camp held at Ross River Resort which provides mentoring and support with musicians and other music industry professionals in many aspects of the music industry. This includes vocal and instrumental coaching, production, arts law, copyright, APRA AMCOS benefits, management and much, much more! BBBiz is for all bands selected to perform at the Bush Bands concert along with Divas. The workshops, including all meals, transport and accommodation are provided for free.
To be eligible for this opportunity you will need to:
• Be an Indigenous female, living in the NT and aged 18 or over
• Have participated in MusicNT’s Sista Sounds or Divas program and/or have the skills and confidence, with support, to perform in front of an audience of around 2,500 people
• Have at least one original song you will be able to perform
• Be considering a career in the music industry or aiming to play (more) gigs
• Be able to participate in both Bush Bands Business and the performance showcase at Bush Bands Bash concert
For more information or help completing the form, call MusicNT in Alice Springs on (08) 8952 0322 or 0409 073 765 and ask to speak with Liz, or email firstname.lastname@example.org