• 6pm–7:30pm: intune Launch @ The Chifley: Join Music NT staff and board as we celebrate the start of intune alice 2014. Featuring performances by Apakatjah and Jeanette Wormald, and the announcement of the NT Song of the Year People’s Choice Award.
• Fri 9pm–Sat 9pm: 24hr Film Clip @ The Chifley: Elephant Island teams up with intune and Lincoln MacKinnon and the Wrecking Train to shoot and edit a film clip in 24hrs for the Lens Flair 24hr Film Festival.
• 8pm–10pm: Footstomp Showcase @ Epilogue Lounge: Footstomp Music presents a stellar line-up of local musicians who formed relationships with Footstomp through previous intune conferences. Artists: Broadwing , Dave Crowe, Colin Lillie and Shadows on Blue.
• 10:30pm–11:30pm: intune Showcase @ Epilogue Lounge: Artists: Karnage & Darknis and SkankMC.
• 10am–11:15am: Feedback on Five (Bands) @ the CDU Lecture Theatre: Local acts play their best 5 minutes of music to a panel of music industry experts who give critical feedback and make suggestions on future development. Panellists: Matt Tanner, Anna Laverty, Graham Ashton, Vanessa Hutchins, Scott Fitzsimons. Facilitator: Amy Hetherington.
• 11:30am–12:45pm: Music Expert Sessions (Bands) @ The Chifley: One-on-one sessions with industry experts for Feedback on Five acts. Panellists: Matt Tanner, Anna Laverty, Graham Ashton, Scott Fitzsimons, Vanessa Hutchins.
• 11:30am–12:45pm: Live Music Round Table @ The Chifley: What’s up with live music in Alice and the NT? How does it relate to the rest of Australia? Do you have concerns about the local scene or ideas for the future? This is your opportunity to put your thoughts on the table in a session with John Wardle from the National Live Music Office. John’s role is to listen to artists and venues and develop policy that supports live music across the country. Come and contribute to the discussion.
• 1pm–2pm: Lunch
• 1:30–2pm: Open Studio, 24hr Film Clip @ The Chifley: Check out how the film clip is coming along with 7 hours to go.
• 2pm–3pm: The Life of a Song @ The Chifley: In this digital age, the single is making a comeback. This session traces the life of a song and highlights the elements that combine to give it reach and success. Panellists: Mick Harvey, Anna Laverty, Graham Ashton, Matt Tanner. Facilitator: Mark Smith.
• 3:15pm–4:15pm: New Territories @ The Chifley: The NT is an incredible place to live and create music. It’s also very remote, with limited audiences. This session looks at increasing the reach of your music and giving movement to your career. Panellists: Vanessa Hutchins, Scott Fitzsimons, Jess Ribeiro, Pirate. Facilitator: Edi Donald.
• 4:30pm–5:30pm: APRA’s Songwriter Speaks with Mick Harvey @ The Chifley: Mick Harvey has had a musical career spanning three decades and the entire globe. Perhaps best known as a founding member of The Birthday Party and The Bad Seeds, and for his long-term collaborative work with PJ Harvey and Nick Cave. As an award-winning musician, producer, manager and composer, there’s not much about the contemporary music industry that Mick doesn’t know. Join Mick for a discussion that is bound to be riveting, challenging, insightful and inspiring. Speaker: Mick Harvey. Facilitator: TBC.
• 5:45pm–6:45pm APRA Connect: Are you a songwriter and never heard of APRA? Don't know what an LPR is, or never lodged one before? Don't know how to register your songs with APRA? Then APRA Connect is your chance to find out. It's easy – just come and meet with NT APRA representative Phillip Eaton and talk all things APRA.
• 7pm–12am: intune Showcase @ Annie’s Place: Artists: BB Sabina, Gareth Dawkins, Leon Spurling, Katie Harder, Room 105, Desert Mulga, Anna Hebblewhite and Lincoln MacKinnon & The Wrecking Train - $5.
• 10am–11:15am: Feedback on Five (Solo & Acoustic ) @ The Chifley: Local acts play their best 5 minutes of music to a panel of music industry experts who give critical feedback and make suggestions on future development. Panellists: Matt Tanner, Mick Harvey, Anna Laverty, Vanessa Hutchins, Mary-Jane Reynolds. Facilitator: Sandra Thibodeaux.
• 11:30am–12:45pm Music Expert Sessions @ The Chifley : One-on-one sessions with industry experts for Feedback on Five acts. Panellists: Matt Tanner, Mick Harvey, Anna Laverty, Vanessa Hutchins, Mary-Jane Reynolds.
• 11:30am–12:45pm The Buzz @ The Chifley : "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Four panellists discuss this quote as it applies to online and social media. Panellists: Scott Fitzsimons, Graham Ashton, Jess Ribeiro, Amy Hetherington. Facilitator: Sandra Thibodeaux.
• 1pm–2pm: Lunch
• 2pm-5pm: Production Masterclass @ CAAMA Studios: Learn studio production processes and tricks from the professionals in this production masterclass. Note: this is an advanced production session with limited places. Bookings are essential. Facilitators: Anna Laverty, Tim Cole. Email email@example.com to make a booking.
• 2pm-5pm: Songwriting Masterclass @ Watch this Space: Music legend Mick Harvey and former NT songstress Jess Ribeiro share their songwriting craft in this practical workshop. Limited places; Bookings are essential. Facilitators: Mick Harvey & Jess Ribeiro. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
• 2pm-5pm: Industry One-on-Ones @ The Chifley: Book an industry one-on-one session with one of our expert panellists. Panellists: Graham Ashton, Matt Tanner, Vanessa Hutchins, Scott Fitzsimons. Email email@example.com to make a booking.
• 5:30pm–7pm : intune Showcase @ The Chifley: Artists: Elli Belle, Cassandra Williams, Paul Brandis and Michael Cafe.
Alice Springs Courtyard Sessions: Singer, songwriter, comedian, radio host and all round entertainer, Greg Champion performs at the Alice Springs RSL from 3pm. With special guest Gareth Dawkins. Tickets $20 at the gate. Courtyard Session Members and intune delegates $15. Children 12 and under free. Full bar facilities, BYO chairs or picnic rugs.
Post-Conference Concert: Unwind with the legendary Mick Harvey and the mesmerising Jess Ribeiro at Monte’s Lounge, Sunday 27th July, 8 pm, free entry, bar & food available
Lens Flair 24 Hour Film Festival Screening: The Alice Springs Cinema hosts the official screening of the top films for friends, family and film makers alike – 6pm, free entry